Terms And Conditions
RuPay PaySecure authentication service is powered by National Payments Corporation
of India (NPCI). All web based transactions on cards enabled for this service are
guided by the Terms and Conditions ("T&Cs") mentioned herein. Please read these
T&Cs carefully before using your electronic payment card on the RuPay PaySecure
solution for online transactions.
"Card(s)" shall mean RuPay Debit/Prepaid or Credit cards as issued by the Issuing
Bank. "Cardholder" shall mean the owner authorized to perform transaction on the
card issued by an Issuing bank The words "we", "us" and "our" refer to NPCI / RuPay
PaySecure solution as the case may be. "Registration information/ data" shall mean
the information shared by the cardholder during the registration transaction viz.
Image, Personalized phrase and PIN. "Bank" shall mean the customer's bank which
has issued RuPay Debit/Prepaid or Credit Card.
About RuPay PaySecure
RuPay PaySecure provides you an additional level of security for all online transactions
done using your RuPay cards. Registering your card for RuPay PaySecure involves
providing information to NPCI, which is then used to confirm your identity during
future online transactions which use RuPay PaySecure. The platform uses a combination
of image & phrase selection and PIN entry to secure your online experience using
the card. Your registration information (image, phrase), and other personal information
is not shared with the merchant or Bank.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- a. Usage of RuPay PaySecure is subject to the T&Cs governing the card transactions
as well as Terms and Conditions applicable to the Bank Account. Use of PaySecure
abides you to the terms of the solution. The T&Cs can also be viewed on the mentioned
URL: www.svcbank.com. In addition, when using RuPay PaySecure, you will be subject to all guidelines
or rules applicable to RuPay cards and PaySecure that may be posted from time to
time at the (Bank and/or NPCI) web site.
- b. Selection of Image, phrase & PIN entry using RuPay PaySecure, will confirm acceptance
of RuPay PaySecure T&Cs and the revised versions, enhancements, modifications of
- c. The cardholder is entirely responsible for ensuring secure usage/storage of the
PaySecure registration information (image, personalized phrase and PIN). Cardholder
is liable for misuse/ unwarranted disclosure of sensitive information such as the
registration data. NPCI shall not be responsible for interception/ misuse of PIN/image/phrase
using RuPay PaySecure service. NPCI is not liable if the registration information
is misused due to any reason whatsoever and or if the terms and conditions relating
to use of this information are not complied with.
- CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS
Customer to provide complete, correct, honest and current information as required
by RuPay PaySecure in the registration page. If you provide any personal Data that
is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if there are reasonable grounds
to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current
or incomplete, NPCI reserves the right to suspend, terminate, or refuse your current
or future use of RuPay PaySecure service.
- The cardholder is required to register his/her card to be able to use RuPay PaySecure.
Card holder must provide the requested information, to the Bank/NPCI to validate
their identity and have authorization for the usage of the Card(s) for transactions
on RuPay PaySecure.
- RuPay PaySecure reserves the right to disallow the customer from registration/usage
of the service in case the information provided by the customer is incorrect/false.
The cardholder assures that every information entered in the PaySecure system is
true and that they are legally entitled to use the cards that they register on the
RuPay PaySecure system.
- RuPay PaySecure unregistered cards will be disallowed from being used at any online
- For all queries related to RuPay PaySecure, refer to the following URL: www.svcbank.com or
call your bank's customer service numbers.
- NPCI may enhance the security features etc. of the RuPay PaySecure solution from
time to time. The T&Cs may be modified for revised features in the future. Acceptance
of these T&Cs will abide the cardholder for any future versions of the RuPay PaySecure
- During registration in RuPay PaySecure service, you may be required to select an
authentication method viz. OTP (One Time Password) or Internet ID & password, or
challenge question/answer etc. for authenticating with your bank. Along with that,
you would be required to select an image & enter a phrase when engaging in an online
transaction or registration/other transaction for which RuPay PaySecure is used.
You may be asked to select the image and approve the phrase that you had selected
during your registration process before the merchant accepts your Card in payment
for the transaction. If you are unable to select the correct image or if the authentication
through RuPay PaySecure otherwise fails, the merchant may not accept your RuPay
Card for payment in that transaction.
- You are successfully registered for RuPay PaySecure service only after you successfully
complete the entire online transaction for the first time.
- By registering for RuPay PaySecure, you agree to the use of RuPay PaySecure to evidence
your identity, including the authorization of transactions authorized in advance
to recur at substantially regular intervals.
- Certain merchant establishments/ Banks at a later date may provide for any additional
authentication in addition to what has been requested for. Cardholder will be required
to provide the same accordingly.
- CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Cardholder is liable entirely for maintaining the confidentiality of the registration
information viz. image, phrase, PIN and other verification information used on the
RuPay PaySecure solution. All activities that occur using the Registration information
or other verification information supplied to or established by Cardholder with
respect to PaySecure will be the sole responsibility of the cardholder.
Cardholder is responsible not to share information which enables access/ usage of
RuPay PaySecure to any third party. Customer should immediately notify the bank
of any unauthorized use of their RuPay PaySecure verification information, or any
other breach of security. The cardholder agrees that NPCI will not be liable for
any loss or damage arising from failure of Cardholder to comply with these T&Cs.
- CONFIDENTIALITY OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
- Cardholder Registration information will not be shared with any online merchant
establishments for which RuPay PaySecure is used.
- Cardholder agrees to permit the Bank/NPCI to store the Registration information
in their databases and are permitted to disclose it if required to do so by Applicable
Law, in good faith believing that such preservation or disclosure is permitted by
Applicable Law, or as reasonably necessary to (i) comply with legal process or (ii)
enforce these T&Cs.
- CARDHOLDER RESPONSIBILITIES As a RuPay PaySecure user, the cardholder
acknowledges and agrees to the following:
The cardholder will -
- Ensure confidentiality of PIN and not reveal it to any third party.
- Keep the image & phrase confidential and not share with any third party
- Keep the OTP; internet ID & Password or challenge questions used during registration
process, totally confidential and not reveal it to any third party
- Ensure the phrase entered during registration must not be related to any readily
accessible personal data such as name, address, telephone number, driver license,
- Ensure the Image, Phrase & PIN should not be written or stored physically or in
soft form. The same should be memorized
- Take necessary precautions to ensure that the computer device or other device accessing
RuPay PaySecure during transactions is guarded from all unauthorized access.
The cardholder will NEVER-
- access RuPay PaySecure with false/fake id or attempt impersonation of any kind;
- hamper the functioning of the RuPay PaySecure module in any manner of hardware or
software malfunction by use of software viruses or any other programs or applications;
- intentionally overload the RuPay PaySecure platform to hamper the service;
- infringe upon the Intellectual Property rights of the PaySecure solution by attempting
to re-create or re-engineer the solution or any part of it or the softwares used
in connection with RuPay PaySecure;
- remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in
- re-create or use any part of the RuPay PaySecure service without NPCI's prior written
- attempt to data mine, unlawfully obtain information specific to the RuPay PaySecure
solution using any application, or other manual or automatic device or in any way
and re-engineer or duplicate the user experience similar to PaySecure service;
- interfere with the functioning of PaySecure or its associated hardware/ software
by any means; or
- fail adherence to any applicable governing law, regulation, guidelines or any Terms
and Conditions advised by Bank/NPCI in connection with use of RuPay PaySecure.
- Rules of Liability
- NPCI has no liability for cardholder's internet access device or password obtaining
device (such as computer or mobile phones etc.) or proper functioning of its hardware
or software before, during or after the use of RuPay PaySecure.
- NPCI will in its best efforts make the web service secure from all aspects possible.
However, NPCI will not take liability for any viruses or unlawful downloads that
the cardholder's system may be exposed to while he accesses the internet for using
- NPCI does not take liability of failed transactions which are incomplete due to
The RuPay PaySecure solution merely offers card holders an additional level of security
for their card transactions on their online merchants. RuPay PaySecure by no means
intends to endorse any Merchant over others. Additionally, NPCI does not guarantee
the cardholder experience with the merchant in terms of delivery of product, quality
etc. NPCI does not validate the Merchant's services or offering.
Cardholder's interaction with the merchant is independent of governance of RuPay
PaySecure rules. Merchant's terms of business with the cardholder with regards to
service/ product quality, delivery, payment, guarantees / warrantees, promotions,
discounts etc. is an understanding between the cardholder and merchant alone even
if the customer used RuPay PaySecure for authorizing the transaction. In no event
will NPCI be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect
or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss
of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Internet Frauds:
The Internet per se is susceptible to a number of frauds, misuses, hacking and other
actions which could affect use of RuPay PaySecure. Whilst the Bank and/or NPCI shall
aim to provide security to prevent the same, there cannot be any guarantee from
such Internet frauds, hacking and other actions which could affect the use of the
RuPay PaySecure. You shall separately evaluate all risks arising out of the same.
- Operational Issues :
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, NPCI
takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily
unavailable due to operational issues beyond control of NPCI.
- NPCI Indemnity:
NPCI should be indemnified against all losses and damages that may be caused as
a consequence of breach of any of the RuPay PaySecure T&Cs.
- Discontinuation of RuPay PaySecure:
NPCI reserves the right to discontinue the above service at any time whatsoever.